There are benefits to both synthetic and human hair pieces. Synthetic hair
holds its style and is easy to maintain. It is great for every day wear and especially convenient for traveling, but it is susceptible to friction and heat. If you wear your hair past your shoulders, synthetic hair will frizz and mat beyond repair within a few weeks of consistent wear.
There are many types of human hair and they all have different qualities. They can be styled and maintained as much as you would do your natural hair, and they are very durable for longer styles.
Synthetic and human hair require different care. If you prefer, Brenda is available to clean and style your hair with a 24 hour turn around. If you have any questions regarding care, or you'd like to schedule a clean and style, please feel free to contact Brenda Kay
Remember, your synthetic hair is heat sensitive! Do not use any heat products on it, and be careful of the oven and BBQ. It is also friction sensitive so be aware of high collars, scarves, and hats that can come in contact day after day. You may use a little spray or mousse (although it is generally not necessary). Just apply once after washing, and refresh daily with a little water to avoid build up. A spray bottle of water is great for styling shorter synthetic styles. Keep it stored properly, clean and brushed to ensure its lifespan.
Wash your wig at least every 30 days or 30 wears.
- Put 3 inches of LUKEWARM (not HOT) water into basin or sink. Add ½ capful of synthetic wig shampoo
Note: Add 1 TBSP baking soda to step #1 above if there is product buildup or if the wig is heavily soiled
- Brush the wig free of tangles
- Dunk the wig a few times into the water OR soak up to 10 minutes
- Rinse in COOL water
- Drain water and refill with 3” of LUKEWARM water.
- Add a nickel size amount of detangler & mix into water. Run wig through water
- Rinse thoroughly in cool water
- Gently squeeze excess water out of wig and lay in towel
- Pat towel like a ‘sweater'
- SHAKE excess water from wig and place on stand
- Let air dry